The finance team at MathWorks is expanding! Join our Revenue Accounting Team to build your next career development step.
Within this role, you will enhance your knowledge of finance, business operations, be exposed to the importance of cash flow, tax, accounting, project management, technology/systems, reporting, and analysis. Develop your skills in areas that will enable you to transition and advance into other opportunities within MathWorks.
You will work with a global team supporting other locations within Asia and the United States to assist customers, sales, and stakeholders to solve operational challenges. You will receive extensive training, mentoring, and coaching. Grow personally and professionally while building a career for the future.
- Understand the order/revenue process and systems associated with the recording of sales orders by ensuring monthly cutoffs are adhered to, products are delivered, taxes are applied correctly, and customer invoices are generated.
- Learn the business model associated with licensing software products globally. Manage the life cycle of software maintenance dates for future revenue recognition.
- Manage customer order transactions for India, the US, and other countries. Our office timings are normal IST hours.
- Manage accounts receivables by proactively engaging with customers, resellers, and sales (credit, billing, collections, electronic transfers, etc.)
- Adhere to compliance requirements including proper tax assessment, export guidelines, etc.
- Partner directly with leaders of specific business areas throughout the organization to execute the entire quote-to-order process.
- Expand systems/application capabilities. Become proficient in applications such as Oracle, Business Objects, and Salesforce.
- Report monthly sales bookings by location, revenue class, license type, etc. Generate monthly operational metrics to measure team effectiveness. Grasp reporting tools such as Business Objects and expand Microsoft Excel skills.
- A bachelor's degree and 1 year of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- A bachelor's degree in Commerce/Economics/Business Administration is preferred.
- Job experience of 3 years in Finance/Accounting/Customer Service domain from B2B process
- Exposure to US Order to Cash process
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and able to provide solid audit trails
- Must be self-motivated, able to prioritize, and multitask to meet daily deadlines
- Well-versed with ERP systems (Oracle-Cloud), and high system capabilities (MS-Excel, business objects). Learn to troubleshoot, test, and document future requirements
- High-tech company and transaction database experience
- Credit and collection experience
- Export compliance knowledge
- Foreign language skills