We are looking for a cloud application development engineer with hands-on experience and expertise in strategic design, development, and implementation of large-scale applications in the cloud space. An ideal candidate would be experienced in cloud technologies with a good understanding of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, along with the ability to customize them.
Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy applications on AWS based on the discussion with and under the leadership of architects. The role will also include large-scale data processing, computing intensive statistical modeling, and using advanced analytics.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master in Computer Science Engineering with 9+ years of experience.
- Experience in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud applications.
- Experience in developing software using languages such as Python, or Golang. Java knowledge will be an added plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: databases including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data warehouses such as Postgres, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics, etc.,
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker, and AWS.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development, and system engineering.
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams such as business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a stipulated timeframe.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and understanding its impact on greater business practices.
Good to have (optional):
- Awareness of networking and internet protocols like TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks would be an advantage.
- Certifications as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security, and/or OpenStack Administrator would be a plus. (Other cloud-related certifications are also considered an advantage)