As DevOps Solution Architect you will be accountable for leading and establishing the DevOps practice. Educating, influencing and collaborating with other solution engineers as well as engineering end-to-end solution in the areas of automated build, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure. You ll need the ability to quickly understand development lifecycle needs. The ability to not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success. This includes a deep understanding of systems, data structures, modern scripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems.
The role requires significant collaboration with IT and business resources, requiring the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrate proficiency in multiple DevOps related tools and technologies.
- Own the quality of DevOps architecture and design, Lead and contribute to define industry standards and DevOps offerings.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Lead technical and design discussions with Executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
- Serve as a thought leader and SME for DevOps industry trends, new and existing technology offerings, and architectural concepts.
- Advise on implementing DevOps best practices and provide architectural governance.
- Hands on experience of continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated testing and all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Expert in Azure DevOps design
- Expert in Source Control Management, including branching, integration, and merging techniques
- Experience in performing integrations for production builds and server hot fixes
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools and Source Control systems, such as GIT, Azure DevOps/VSTS
- Hands-on experience in setting up DevOps pipeline for a project (Automated deployments with Continuous Integration/Delivery workflows)
- Experience with software build and deploy tools such as Azure DevOps
- Experience with static code analysis for codes quality and security - using SonarQube and Checkmarx
- Define and implement efficient end-to-end provisioning of automation solutions.
- Exposure to configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar
- Strong Scripting experience in PowerShell or any other scripting languages
- Experience with Docker Kubernetes is a plus
- Ensures the adherence to standards, policies and procedures.
- Integrate systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP/IP, JSON and others
- Mentor other engineers and technical analysts
Skills and Experience:
- 12+ years of IT experience
- 10+ years of software development or application or object-oriented language.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical advisor.
- 3 to 5 years of Experience on Azure DevOps tool in terms of building Build and Deployment pipelines
- Experience in cloud architecture and design with more than 6 years of experience in automating IT administration, IT processes, or business processes, deploying applications and provisioning infrastructure.
- Architectural leadership experience with microservices and distributed applications, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Proficient in programming experience in scripting languages like PowerShell
- Strong knowledge in any of the Code Review and Security tools, say SonarQube, Checkmarx, HCL Appscan
- Strong knowledge of Testing methodologies and tools like Selenium, Worksoft Certify and Unit Testing frameworks
- Experience in automating / integrating a broad range of systems and services using Terraform for any of the cloud Platforms like Azure or GCP
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Azure Boards
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Strong leadership, partnership and communication skills
- Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers.
- Experience with IT architecture with focus on reusability and automation
- Ability to coordinate with all levels of the firm to design and deliver technical solutions to business problems
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong virtual meeting facilitation abilities
- Prioritization and time management