A DTS Functional Engineer leads and delivers the analysis, design, configuration, customization, testing, deployment and support for applications within a specified business process area. Performs leading-edge work and develops new approaches/solutions.
This role is viewed as an analyst in complex application environments, encompassing business process understanding and technical expertise. Fully competent and productive professional contributor with proven practical experience, working independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments. May provide work direction / general guidance to other team members.
This is a Global role, and it will report to a Manager within the Digital Manufacturing Delivery Team. The position will not have any direct reports. Key Interfaces: Business Partner, Solution Engineer, Project Manager, Enterprise Architect. Business Client External Interfaces: Consultant 3rd Party provider. Travel may include approximately 10-20% of work time.
- Functional leader of small to medium projects within Manufacturing. Accountabilities across multiple functional and technical areas with a wide range of complexity.
- Accountable for leading the overall end to end design, including the detailed configuration that considers how to structure a segment solution based on requirements from the business, global and regional views, as well as the design of standard software configurations
- Delivers solution blueprints including but not limited to application diagrams, physical architecture, process diagrams, systems maps, service interfaces, technical interfaces, data modelling, integration planning, detailed build estimates.
- Proactive analysis of business processes and identification of innovative ways to use technology to address near term business needs which inc identifying these opportunities, reviewing and obtaining a disposition decision from the appropriate business client, assessing the fit of these opportunities into current initiatives, or including the opportunity in future demand
- Participates with Business resources to establish requirements for implementing changes in the business process.
- Participates in the evaluation of the factors which must be addressed in the change program.
- Contributes to policy formation, User Groups, and strategic direction
- Leads small to medium Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives; consults with and shares knowledge across org; awareness of industry trends
- Willingness to work outside of Local time zone.
Key Qualifications and Experiences :
- Bachelors degree; 7 -10 years of continuous experience in Production Planning SAP Plant Maintenance, software development, solution architecture
- Experience working within ITS Projects and Programs
- Strong leadership and service delivery skills
- Cultivates networking opportunities within the organisation
- Broad range of business and IT experiences
- Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C organisation, including suppliers, partners and customers.
- Excellent Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory
- Possess strong leadership skills and exhibit creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve business challenges
- Self-motivated to keep up with industry trends information across the organisation
- Experience working with blended teams consisting of employees, vendors, and consultants onshore and offshore resources.
- Technical knowledge of diverse analytical tools and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build lasting trusted relationships with Business Partners, Key Stakeholders, Vendors and cross-functional teams.
Core Technical Competencies / Skills
- Experience in implementing SAP Production Planning Asset Management (SAP PM), at least one lifecycle implementation in each module. Exposure to S/4 HANA desired
- In-depth knowledge of the below PP-PI functionalities is mandatory
- Strong Expertise in configuration and customization of Process order management, execution, Material staging with WM-PP interface, scheduling confirmation etc. Shop floor printing, batch records printing, Label printing etc.
- Design troubleshooting of MES Interface other third party manufacturing Interfaces
- Knowledge of User exits, IDocs monitoring troubleshooting.
- Experience in global roll outs preferably with International based plants with multiple currencies.
- In-depth knowledge of the below PM functionalities is mandatory
- Single Cycle Plan, Strategy Based Maintenance Plan, Task List, Maintenance Plan Scheduling Parameter, Maintenance Strategy, Deadline Monitoring
- Maintenance Order Management: - Breakdown Maintenance Process Corrective Maintenance Process, Calibration Maintenance
- Status Management in Notification and Maintenance Order
- Integration with HR employee master, SAP CO, SAP MM/WM, SAP PP
- Experience in API integrations (Mulesoft preferred) and iDOC Integration, RFC, ABAP light knowledge (debug, function module, etc.)
- Experience in setting up standard custom FIORI Apps
- Desirable - ITIL Service Management, working knowledge/exposure (Incident, Problem Change Management)
- AGILE project methodology, SCRUM Master a distinct advantage