Roles and Responsibilities
- Understanding product requirements from customer point of view and converting them to technical requirements.
- Design hardware concepts and platform architecture based on product requirements
- Develop schematics, layout, perform power and signal integrity analysis, simulations, testing and validation reports of sub-modules like power converters, BMS, motor drives, valve drives, display interfaces, processors, memories and communication interface modules.
- Collaborate with CFTs like firmware, software, mechanical design and validation teams for integration of modules with the product to achieve the product goals.
- Responsible for delivery of entire module/platform hardware design along with complete design and manufacturing documentation
- Design calculations, worst case calculations, component selection, alternate part search and documentation
- Conceptualizing and developing specifications for automation of Jigs & Fixtures required for production planning, developing test plans.
- Conduct FMEA, DVP and risk management for modules and platforms
- Should have knowledge to resolve EMI/EMC issues and Thermal issues related to PCB.
- Should have awareness of Signal Integrity and Power Integrity for PCB
- Should have ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
Non- Technical Competencies:
- Good writing and communication skills with ability to write good technical reports
- Ability to manage his own time and multitask to achieve project deadlines.
- Successful track record in hardware design & development for complex electromechanical end products, right from concept to production
- Familiarity with a wide variety of hardware design, like power electronics, high speed layout, FPGAs, processors, memory interfaces, motor control, etc.
- Experience with CAD packages for schematic capture, simulation and Layout.
- Experience with handling EMI/EMC issues, signal integrity issues
- Experience in the selection and use of microcontrollers and programmable logic devices and their peripheral circuitry (signal conditioning, board-level power supplies).
- Design PCBs for Automotive Industry.
- Create and maintain PCB and Schematic symbol library within PCB Cad and PLM systems.
- Work with electrical and mechanical teams in collaboration to meet electrical, mechanical and thermal aspects.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, managing time to meet projects milestones and schedules.
- Communicate with PCB manufacturer and assembler to resolve problems encountered in PCB fabrication and assembly
Desired Candidate Profile
You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of several hardware modules & platforms across a product. You will start contributing in the product concept phase to the engineering phase till the design is transferred to production. Your role will cover several aspects of E&E hardware, like Power design, high speed design, PCB design, EMC design, wiring harness design, simulations, design calculations, execution of DFM and DVP strategy, testing and certification for particular
Module /platforms. This role will involve a lot of cross-functional collaboration with other teams to meet product goals.
Perks and Benefits