*Looking for immediate Joiners*
A Java, Database & Web technologies software engineer responsible for maintaining and enhancing products in the mainframe z/OS systems portfolio which uses Java, Eclipse, Databases and web services. You will troubleshoot reported symptoms to aid in the resolution process directly for the customer or as a means to providing a permanent solution via product fix. You will act as the technical subject matter expert on multiple products in the portfolio and will work closely with quality assurance and information developers in order to deliver winning products and wow our customers with excellent service.
Employee Type: At least 2 + years of industry experience on Java, Database, Eclipse plugin development, Web technologies and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to assess customer needs and set expectations.
- Verify accuracy of business impact statement as provided by the customer.
- Independently perform problem verification by confirming a customers environment, error messages, and symptoms of a problem.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve urgent/complex problems.
- Routine use of testing tools; may define and recommend testing tools.
- Research complex for resolution cases using knowledge bases, documentation etc.
- Develop reproducible cases, when necessary.
- Prepare, recommend and implement solutions.
- Point of escalation in the preparation, recommendation, and implementation of solutions for junior team members.
- Address and manage critical situation issues as an escalation expert across several products.
- Mastery of creating case tracking details for use by team members for similar/future problem resolution.
- Assist other Support Engineers at different levels.
- Accountable for both team and individual results.
- Participate in internal projects and other work as directed.
- Regularly contribute to training content and help train other support engineers.
- May serve as designated point of contact or support coordinator for large customers.
- Technical subject matter expert for product domain.
- Responsible for one or more products.
- Produce technical documentation.
- Code, test, debug and enhance multiple products.
- College degree in Computer Science
- 6+ years of related experience with a Bachelors degree