Mainframe Systems Programmer zOS ISV (Software Factory)
As a recognized leader in IT infrastructure management, Ensono is dedicated to cultivating talented individuals with unique skillsets who know how to dream big and build bigger. We are looking for passionate and self-motivated candidates to apply for our Mainframe Systems Programmer open position!
This position is a full-time, entry level job role. We prefer candidates be located within Bangalore or Chennai or Pune.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform standard system programming activities like configuration, installation & maintenance using SMP/E, and vendor software installations in the mainframe environment.
- Support storage management, performance tuning, capacity planning, security, networking, and operating procedures.
- Work with Mainframe System Programmers staff across tracks to enhance the mainframe environment.
- Participate in software deployments and various support functions as defined by the department manager.
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to foster good relations with business and development users.
- Assist team members to solve problems, make innovative improvements and make decisions.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements in the z/OS environment Work wit application support teams and other internal customers to facilitate business initiatives.
- Review and Approve documentation of system software products including usage instructions, configuration notes, test plans, details of customizations necessary for our environment, as well as process and procedure guides.
- Expertise in performing SMP/E and Non-SMPE Installation of ISV products, Subsystems-DB2, CICS, MQ)
- JES3/JES2 and Operating system z/OS.
- zOS System Programming SMP/E
- Fluent in JCL and IBN Utilities (IEBGENER/IEBCOPY/AMASPZAP/DFDSS)
- In depth knowledge of REXX/CLIST
- Microsoft Office skills.
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Mainframe System Programmer in zOS & ISVs.
- Possess the drive and self-motivation to sharpen current skills while also learning something new
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word) or MAC equivalent products
- Possess a conceptual or practical understanding of or have a willingness to learn various technologies including but not limited to Mainframe, Open Systems, Networking, etc.
- Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner - sharp communication skills both verbal and written
- Decision making skills know when to ask for guidance/help or when to escalate an issue
- Possess strong analytical/problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills
- Proactive attitude, dependable, and detailed-oriented
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and manage the stress level
- Ability to actively participate within a team and collaborate with others effectively
- Ability to take constructive criticism or receive corrective instructions without offense
Desired candidates will have a degree and/or equivalent experience.
Mainframe Certifications / Badges is an added advantage.