Hiring for a veteran German headquartered company.
Job location: Hyderabad / Bengaluru
The Technology Manager leads a development team responsible for design and development of reliable and cost effective power electronic product which satisfy the business needs and opportunities for the client. The position requires excellent technical engineering knowledge coupled with solid people leadership skills, proficiency in product development, project management and quality systems with a constant eye for improvements, cost, productivity and reliability.
As a team leader, we expect man management and leadership aptitude to effectively build, manage, motivate, develop and coach a team of technical engineers and encourage and empower the team to develop innovative products.
This role will need to develop and maintain a network of effective and influential relationships with other key stakeholders in the Business Units, Factories and will be capable of working under pressure to meet business critical deadlines and resolve matters arising in the products development.
Technology Manager for Product Development is responsible for
- Provide technical leadership and design oversight functions for product development.
- Lead development of product requirements, specifications, design, prototype and test plans.
- Should be able to understand requirements, conduct necessary analysis, calculations, simulations, develop
and evaluate Power electronics design concepts.
- Should be able to work on different types of projects like Advanced Technology development, New Product
introduction, Design transfer, Design changes / improvements, Value engineering and reliability projects.
- Coordinate internal/external design reviews, agency approvals, field testing and commissioning.
- Responsible for successful project execution measured in terms of cost, safety, performance and delivery
- Actively take part in the design process and approval of design concepts.
- Utilizes best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for engineering.
- Develop and improve product development processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot and debug power electronics systems, conduct failure analysis and corrective actions.
- Provide in depth design for manufacture (DFM) feedback to the production team to ensure that the assembly
processes are cost efficient, robust and deliver high quality results.
- Support marketing and sales to provide the technical specifications, cost and lead time estimations for custom
products and systems.
- Provide customer support and issue resolution of problems in the field.
- Develop and track project budgets, project manpower requirements and project schedules.
- Create and maintain a team culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement/ commitment
and a sense of urgency toward goals and continuous improvement.
- Challenge team members to always seek reliable and cost effective solutions, and ensure that all aspects of
the design, development and support process are optimal for the market.
- Establish performance, cost reduction and productivity goals and create KPls to support those goals.
- Monitor and administer team performance, morale and engagement. Continuously identify training needs
and develop training plans to enhance personnel capabilities, skills and performance. This includes hiring,
preparing and conducting of performance.
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Solid knowledge of Power Electronics Fundamentals, Power Switching Devices (IGBT/ MOSFET),
Switched mode power supplies, Magnetics & Gate Driver Design.
- Great knowledge of topologies and design for AC-DC, DC-DC and DC-AC systems.
- Understanding of designing for fault tolerance, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Experience of modeling, development and testing of power electronics systems, including the
development of test and validation plans.
- Should have Strong fundamentals of EMI/EMC and its Filter design.
- Should have working knowledge of Electronics design/Simulation tools such as MATLAB, Pspice,
Orcad, Cadence or equivalent tools
- Good knowledge on PWA design principles, component selection, magnetics and thermal design and
hardware packaging guidelines is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge in IEC Standards.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and launching new products.
- Effective Communication
- Influencing & Persuasion
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Personal Qualities
- Excels under pressure
- Helpful, Empathetic and Patient
- Dedicated to closing the loop / completing tasks
- Desired Qualifications:
- M.E / M. Tech - Power Electronics
- Knowledge on design for six sigma, reliability, manufacturability and serviceability