A human resource (HR) officer is a skilled and qualified HR expert whose role is pivotal to any organization with a workforce. HR is responsible for managing every aspect of the employment process, including orientation, and training of new staff members, and managing payroll.
We are looking to employ an HR officer with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The HR officer is expected to be knowledgeable with employment legislation and possess strategic and commercial insight to the labor process. He or she must be able to negotiate with diplomacy.
Required Skill Set: MBA specialization in HR and relevant experience along with that core competency skills such as:
- Interpersonal skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Active listening
- Recruitment and control
- Conflict resolution
- Event Organization
- Objectivity and critical thinking
- Analytical Capabilities
- Research and continued learning
- Team building skills
- Administrative skills
- Preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions, and managing the employment process.
- Orientating new employees and training existing employees.
- Monitoring employee performance.
- Ensuring that all employees are organized and satisfied in their work environment.
- Overseeing the health and safety of all employees.
- Implementing systematic staff development procedures.
- Providing counseling on policies and procedures.
- Ensuring meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- Communicating with staff about issues affecting their performance.
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital format.
- Bachelors degree in Human resources.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in human resources.
- Additional training/certification in Payroll Management may be advantageous.
- Labor Relations certification – may be advantageous.
- Experience as a Skills Development Facilitator – may be advantageous.
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution.
- Knowledge of employment legislation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Protecting the interests of all employees.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.