Summary of Position
- This position of marketing executive involves responsibility for the promotion of the company s brand, product or service.
- This is done by developing effective marketing campaigns and public relations with analysis of market trends and keeping up to date with client needs and competitors positions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To develop, plan and execute the strategic planning of an annual or long term marketing plan to drive forward agreed company objectives.
- To manage the production of marketing materials, including brochures and posters. This can involve writing and proof reading copy, and liaising with designers and printers.
- To carry out market research and customer surveys to assess demand, brand positioning and awareness.
- To liaise and building relationships. Externally, this could be with customers and technology partners.
- Internally this could mean different related and supporting departments.
- To budget manage and identify advertising opportunities
- To write and distributing press releases
- To arrange for the effective distribution of marketing materials
- To maintain, build and update mailing databases
- To organise and attend events and exhibitions
- To develop strategic relations to secure sponsorship to assist with the publicity and funding of marketing projects
- To evaluate marketing campaigns
- To monitor competitor activity
- To support the business development and other colleagues
- 5 years and above marketing experience
- Degree in Marketing, international marketing or its equivalent.
- Candidates without a degree but possess strong exposure in marketing and proven track record would be considered.
- Ability to develop and implement business strategies and assess business performance in a cross functional environment
- Computer literate and good communication skill
- Salary package commensurate with relevant experience and capability.
- Writing skill is crucial. Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Creativity/Innovation. Creative thinking and the ability to learn, assess and apply new concepts
- Business savvy. Good marketing acumen and the ability to assimilate and process technical, marketing and sales information. Good business sense, an awareness of budgets and attention to detail
- Understanding technology. Excellent computer and IT skills MS office and designing tools
- Cross cultural. Cultural sensitivity to cross cultural dynamics
- Design Skills. Experience or knowledge in one or more of the following areas: branding, sense of designing and product marketing.
- Insight into analytics and interpreting data. The ability to gather data, analyse sales figures, consumer demand and market research
- Traits of a person. Self-motivation, with drive and enthusiasm. The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines. Effective interpersonal, organisational and planning skills
- Leadership. Taking risks, driving change and building trust. Must be a leader to drive a brand forward across our business for maximum impact.