Capability, Knowledge & Expertise:
- A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Has demonstrable experience delivering high availability auto scaling containerised deployments in AWS or Azure
- Kubernetes & Docker experience.
- Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
- In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
Technical Skills Required:
- Cloud Computing services, specifically AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Containerisation such as Docker
- Containerisation orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Version control solutions, specifically Gitlab and GitHub
- DevOps methods (integration & automation)
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling such as Jenkins/Drone
- Configuration management tooling such as Ansible and Puppet
- Automated tested tools such as Selenium
- Collaboration tooling such as Atlassian toolset
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies such as Postgres, MariaDB and AWS RDS
- Working within Scrum, Kanban or Lean methodologies
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating system
- Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
- Automated testing tools