The Mainframe Systems Programmer provides support for on-going projects that require the installation, testing, and implementation of new operating systems and other system software. Also, the Maintenance and debugging of systems software. Coordination and the IOGEN work for new MF hardware. Research and evaluation of new software and hardware products, assisting team members and other areas with technical questions and problem resolution. Monitoring and tuning of systems software. Functional knowledge, use of z/OS components and detailed knowledge of support products such as tape management, scheduling, security, monitoring systems, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship
- High complexity assignments owner
- Moderate complexity assignments owner (1 or >)
- Low complexity assignments provide oversight/review
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
- Understands how whole picture aligns to overall Ensono strategy
- Provide thought leadership within GTS
- Provides Technical Architect storage support for HW and SW Software solutions.
- Processes communication skills to participate in Client meetings and new business deals.
- Works directly with Hardware and Software vendors on new solutions.
- Review and analyze current client software and requirements to determine the most cost-effective and standard software solution to be included in the business proposal.
- Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding
- Design automated monitoring techniques for problem identification and prevention
- Provide and document problem analysis, resolution and prevention, designing procedures and best practice techniques
- This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
- Specific hiring needs may vary by location, industry, client, internal department and other business related factors.
- The qualifications section lists examples that may be used as guidance when populating required and preferred skills sections of recruiting requisitions / job postings.
- Ten years hands on/industry experience
- Ability to perform skill set of a Mainframe System Programmer
- Ability to perform complex ISV installations
- Ability to perform and lead complex projects
- Ability to mentor and show leadership qualities