Mandatory skills - the absolute minimum skill level required for the candidate to be considered:
Preferred skills - the ideal skills you would like the candidate to have:
Any other important information:
Behavior and abilities:
Year of experience:
7 - 10 years in Infra, min. 3 years in Db Administration
- As a member of the Infrastructure Shared Services, the Database Administrator will represent his/her department towards the Business Units and project teams and will assure a determining role in the management, support, maintenance, implementation, administration and lifecycle management of SQL Server platforms.
- He/she will be positioned as a level 3 in the organization, using his/her expertise for level of escalation in case of incidents and for the contribution in the qualification of new solutions, assisting in the deployment.
- The role is providing day to day operational support for existing infrastructure services and users of those services, and for project based work to the development and deployment of new infrastructure services.
- This person must have deep knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server technologies and must be able to lead, operate and continuously improve the environments distributed across 600+ remote locations throughout EUROPE, Asia, US, Latam and Canada.
- Maintain under operational conditions the SQL Server Infrastructure in respect of the Support processes
- Build, deploy and administer/manage the current and future SQL Server platforms.
- Senior level of operational support on: - Troubleshooting, incidents and problem management, - Reporting and communication.
- Pro-active in ensuring stability, response time, operational consistency and life cycle over the SQL Server databases.
- Implement automation via scripting
- Ensure appropriate documentation, including procedures for level2 and level 3 support.
- Handle PostGre and/or MySQL technology support
- Contribute to search and qualification of new solutions with Technical Architecture teams and Design Teams
- Provide monthly reports on activity, quality and performance
- SQL LANGUAGE: Fluent, trained with complex join, T-SQL programming, SQL Agent Jobs, linked_servers
- SQL Server: comfortable with large databases, numerous instances, backup strategies, recovery model, linked servers, MSX, versions 2000 to 2016
- Installation, Administration, Setup, Tuning and Troubleshooting of SQL Servers
- Strong experience in operational support: incident management (diagnostic, impact analysis, workaround implementation, communication, reporting, permanent enhancement)
- Experience in High availability solutions
- Experience in Cloud solutions (ideally Azure)
- Knowledge in ITIL framework
- Knowledge on Infrastructure (Servers, Storage, Network)
- Knowledge on PostGre / MySQL / Oracle Databases
- 7-10 years of experience in Infrastructure IT, with 3 years specifically on DB Administration
- Self-motivated, eager to learn in the IT profession
- Team player must be able to work with people within and outside of the IT department
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. English speaking mandatory (French reading would be appreciated)
- Ability to analyze and synthesize situations and understand the business constraints
- Willing to do some traveling 8. Dedication
- Microsoft-SQL Servers 2000 to 2016
- OS Server: Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012 Linux RedHat Enterprise 6 to 7
- OS Client: Windows XP to Windows 10
- Microsoft Active Directory
- McAfee, Trend, and Kaspersky Antivirus
- VMWare 5.x and above - Nutanix NOS
- Hardware: Dell Cisco UCS servers
- Storage: Netapp, SAN IBM SVC, Dell Compellent, iSCSI Storage Dell Equallogic MD, Pure Storage
- Veeam Backup Replication, Commvault backup
- BMC Solarwinds Monitoring / Ticketing CMDB CA Service Desk Manager
- Network Cisco