Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree, preferably with emphasis on Computer Science or related field; or equivalent, relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a business analyst
Key skills/ Tool required for the job are:
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Access
Languages: SQL, XML, COBOL
Packages: MS Visio
Databases and tools: Mainframe, MySQL, HP Quality Center, RTC, Microstrategy
Methodologies: Waterfall and Agile models
- Understands business process management and business requirements of the customers and translates them to specific software requirements encompassing system functional and system- nonfunctional requirements.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on both user needs and knowledge of systems/products.
- Interacts with core and carrier teams for the requirement specification review and sign off.
- Establishes and maintains positive client business relationships across the organization, including guiding others in understanding client business, process, and solution implementation.
- Identifies process gaps and evaluates alternate workflow solutions prior to providing alternatives to the project teams.
- Work with UI and UX teams to create design specs and developing visual and interaction designs specifying application workflows.
- Analyzes enhancement requests and bugs to determine solutions that do not negatively impact other product features.
- Designs, develops and maintains data dictionaries and mapping documents using XML and SQL that are required across products.
- Orchestrates architectural and design sessions to determine feasible solutions for product development and platform enhancements.
- Aligns risks and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risks and escalate appropriately.
- Design and create mockups, prototypes, and documentation and workflow diagrams.
- Acts as an interface between business units and Information Technology teams responsible for the development and enhancement of new/existing software products.
- Leads the core team to review the functional specifications and clarifies functional requirements before starting the Technical specification conversations.
- Work with Technical Core team to perform the functional testing and support the regression testing & User Acceptance testing (UAT) during the testing phase.
- Keeps the testing team informed about the progress of the identified fixes and its progress.
- Validates test cases to provide full coverage of requirements and participates in defect triage.
- Performs offshore coordination for all interface developments and provides clarification for the functional specifications.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and data analyses using SQL translate findings into actionable business initiatives as requested by management.
- Works on EDI file processes and interface specifications specific to EDI 834, HIPAA privacy and data security rules including proper handling and safeguarding of electronic private health information.s