Business Technology Solutions Consultant Big Data Lead
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
ZS’s India Capability & Expertise Center (CEC) houses more than 60% of ZS people across three offices in New Delhi, Pune and Bengaluru. Our teams work with colleagues across North America, Europe and East Asia to create and deliver real world solutions to the clients who drive our business. The CEC maintains standards of analytical, operational and technological excellence across our capability groups. Together, our collective knowledge enables each ZS team to deliver superior results to our clients.
ZS’s Digital & Technology group helps companies define and execute their technology strategy by designing, building and operating their business intelligence (BI), cloud, data management, dashboard and analytics capabilities. Team members strategize, design and build custom IT solutions to improve our clients’ commercial effectiveness.
ZS’s Business Technology Solutions team is responsible to lead end to end responsibility of project across all phases i.e. discovery, requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and operations. This team seeks opportunity to undertake diverse tech roles and foster continuous innovation which benefits the individual’s professional growth and bring the best in delivering world class technology solutions. In addition, this team configures ZS’s proprietary software used to streamline business processes for commercial groups at client organizations. This team takes overall ownership of the solution delivery, managing operations services, client stakeholder management, contribute to business development and selling activities, project planning and team management.
- Lead the team consisting of Specialist, Developer, Operator, etc. to solve the business problems and lead end to end delivery;
- Ownership to ensure the proposed design/ architecture, deliverables meets the client expectation and solves the business problem with high degree of quality;
- Translate complex client expectations and business problem into technical requirements. Own end to end responsibility to lead project across all phases – right from discovery/ POC to managing operations;
- Lead one or more project at a time, based on the role and time commitment required for the project;
- Partner with Senior Leadership team and assist in project management responsibility i.e. Project planning, staffing management, people growth, etc.;
- Work in tandem with global counterparts in planning and accomplishing planned activities, identification or risks and mitigation strategy;
- Build relationship with client stakeholders and lead presentations related to project deliverables, design brainstorming / discussion, status updates, innovation/ improvements, etc.;
- Collaborate with other ZS internal expertise teams - Architects, Validation/ testing, etc. to ensure best in class technology solution;
- Outlook for continuous improvement, innovation and provide necessary mentorship and guidance to the team;
- Liaison with Staffing partner, HR business partners for team building/ planning;
- Assist Senior Leadership on building POV on new technology or problem solving, Innovation to build firm intellectual capital
- Actively lead unstructured problem solving to design and build complex solutions, tune to meet expected performance and functional requirements;
- Lead appropriate documentation of systems design, procedure, SOP, etc.;
- Build big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns, real time/stream analytics trends;
- Leverage expertise / experience of both traditional and modern data architecture and processing concepts, including relational databases.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree with specialization in Computer Science, MIS, IT or other computer related disciplines;
- 6-8 years of relevant consulting-industry experience working on medium-large scale technology solution delivery engagements;
- 5+ years of hands on experience on designing, implementation Data processing solutions;
- At least 3 year of hands on experience on Big data - Hive, Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce; and RDBMS and NoSQL;
- Excellent in Programming languages like Python, Java, Scala, etc. and Programming basics - Data Structures;
- Expertise in following AWS services (or equivalent services in Azure, GCP) is preferred:
- Lambda, IAM, API Gateway, EMR, S3, Redshift, AWS RDS.
- Streaming services like Kafka, Flume, NoSQL databases like - HBase, Casandra, MongoDB;
- Experience in designing and driving delivery of mid-large-scale solutions on Cloud platforms;
- Good handle on working in distributed computing and cloud services platform (but not limited to) - AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Strong client presence. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing technical concepts to all audiences;
- Ability to manage a virtual global team environment that contributes to the overall timely delivery of multiple projects;
- Knowledge of current data modeling, and data warehouse concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends in the Business Intelligence domain;
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting the interaction between databases, operating systems, and applications;
- Significant supervisory, coaching and hands-on project management skills;
- Willingness to travel to other global offices as needed to work with client or other internal project teams.