Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regards to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage, and interact with Managing Director, CEO and COO.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the companys plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting staff as required.
- Compliance Management
- All statutory requirements to be fulfilled
- Error free financial system
- Error free accounting, costing, financial modelling, and administration
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organizations plans and operating budgets.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage finance committee and/or board of directors to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials
Desired Candidate Profile
- Excellent knowledge of corporate financial law
- Hands-on experience with risk management
- Hands-on experience with financial management software
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills Problem solver and critical thinker mindset
Team-working, conflict management and influencing/negotiating
Good understanding of the organizations objectives, operations, market environment and ethical issues
Leadership And Project Management Skills
Leading others, managing resources, and delegating effectively
Flexibility and ‘thinking on your feet’
Written, oral and presentational skills, and communicating effectively with non-finance people
Taking a critical and methodical approach when problem solving
Change Management Skills
Assessing and facilitating change
Risk Management Skills
Understanding the sources of risk, and evaluating risks and methods for their control and mitigation
CA / post-graduation in Finance
15+ years experience
Perks and Benefits