The Systems Data Analyst position is responsible for ensuring customer, vendor, and product data is accurately governed, maintained, and transmitted between internal and external business partners and systems to ensure a single, trusted view of enterprise data to deliver an optimal customer experience. Serves as the subject matter expert for Master Data applications and provides direction and support to business partners.
Works to harmonize people, processes, and technology to deliver timely and reliable data sets to cross-functional partners and systems, driving business efficiency and enhancing accuracy of customer, vendor, and product data elements. This position supports data quality program and audit requirements
- Works on data-related projects for business systems
- Assists with governance and quality assurance of data elements by monitoring systems and reports, proposing system and/or process enhancements and participating in testing.
- Serves as a consultant to internal business partners by providing recommendations to enhance collection, integrity, and strengths of their data sets.
- Partners with operational areas to resolve issues and answer Data related to product structures, customer data conflicts or inaccuracies, vendor data updates, auditing, etc. Appropriately escalates issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Responsibility for daily entry, maintenance, and general lifecycle activities of Customer, Vendor, and product master requests which includes records contained in Salesforce and NetSuite with other opportunities to own data in additional systems
- Works in conjunction with Marketing, SalesOps, Business Operations, Business Systems, Customer Support, Customer Success, FPA, Finance and accounting, and Professional Services to assure the accuracy of data records contained in Salesforce and NetSuite.
- Ensures integrity, consistency, and quality of master data in multiple systems.
- Works to analyze, document, and test data quality issues as an individual, as part of a team, and with other technology groups.
- Gathers requirements from business users and other subject matter experts to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- Performs root cause analysis on master data-related problems.
- Works towards common solutions with other team members and iterates on those solutions.
- Ensure controls, Finance policies, documented procedures surrounding systems data are enforced through business rules and approvals.
- Manage the deduplication of master data records across all systems
- Enable consistency in reporting abilities when systemic changes are implemented by reviewing downstream effects with each team by partnering with operational teams or analysts
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of Accounting Principles and Software processes
- Clear understanding of the software industry
- Excellent understanding of systems data management principles and hygiene
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem identification and solving ability skills
- Associates or Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 3-5 years of experience with working with systems data and the integration of data between business systems
- Project management, data management, system implementation, or system integration experience.
- Analytics, reporting and database experience (SQL, Salesforce, and NetSuite preferred).
- Ability to work in a stand-alone role and cross functional environments.
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, decision-making, research, analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs/environments
- Excellent PC skills with strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint