- Hundreds of clinical trials are run using cutting edge technologies. New roles dedicated to innovation continue to be created to focus on breakthrough opportunities.
- Primarily accountable for helping the teams understand, adopt and mature DevOps framework and culture in the area under their scope.
- Responsible for translating business requirements and functional specifications into software solutions by using technical direction for the development of enterprise application solutions.
- They will serve as a technical guide for project teams while providing consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive DevOps process and agenda end to end, in alignment with TT Strategy and Onboarding team members to the DevSecOps platform tools and creation of team specific folders
- Scripting and automating the continuous integration process i.e retrieval of software code from a repository, compiling it into a binary artifact, support Test automation, Run Sonarscan, Run Checkmarx scan and on successful completion of these steps to publish it into a shared and centralized repository. Resolution of any build failures.
- Provisioning the application artifacts and configurations to the operating environments across the system development lifecycle.
- Support deployment automation, environment modeling, and workflow orchestration to achieve rapid delivery of application features in a reliable and orderly manner.
- Build DevOps processes, standards, best-practices and working patterns that will bring the highest value to TT teams to improve and sustain platform stability and quality.
- Assess DevOps Technology, provide insights for technical solutions and work with corresponding TT partners on potential recommendations to ensure end to end tools coverage.
- Focus on value measurement tool integration, to assess struggles, best practice adoption and automated releases with a clear focus on solution and value measurement. Builds partnerships with TT teams and vendors to ensure code adheres to company architectural standards, design patterns, and technical specifications.
- Practices self-leadership and coach other technical resources around adopting and maturing DevOps practices and leads systems incident support and fix for complex and non-complex issues.
What you ll bring to the role:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, software development, CIS, or related field with experience in technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (e.g., SDLC)
- DevOps engineers having 3-5 years of experience who contribute to implementing CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure provisioning, configuration management using the required tools and help with POC implementations.
Expertise in most of the CI/CD (continuous integration & continuous deployment) tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps, BitBucket, etc.
- Expertise in infrastructure provisioning tools like Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
- Development experience with Amazon WebServices, Microsoft Azure and using DevOps
- Good communication and Influencing skills with good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills applied in complex environments (e.g. matrix/divisional organizations)