As a member of the IT Service Desk, you will provide support for all technical support and IT related issues. Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Lead in Hyderabad, you will be responsible for day-to-day technical support for our employees for network infrastructure, internal desktop systems software and hardware. At Silicon Labs we have a strong culture of innovation simplicity, the successful candidate will be able to embrace those key tenets in working with the Silicon Labs team to achieve our goals. As such, you should have a strong passion for technology and solving business problems with IT.
Role Specifics include:
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Act as participant in the development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- Conducts training programs designed to educate an organization s computer users about basic and specialized applications.
- Triages, diagnoses and/or transfers work requests and incidents to appropriate groups.
- Works on complex technical issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Determines best methods and procedures on new assignments and will coordinate activities with other personnel.
- Handling the ticket backlog and day-to-day IT support activities.
- Client-focused, working ability in conjunction with Professional Services and Outsourcing functions
- Excellent communication skills.
- Min 8 to 12 yrs of work experience at IT Support Operations / Service management / Helpdesk,
- Associates or Bachelor s degree in Information Systems or a related field
- System administration expertise on Windows/ Linux platform Mac OS knowledge preferable.
- Service Now- Configuration / Administration expertise
- Can work independently with minimal instruction on day-to-day work
- Ability to set priorities for and execute projects
- Exceptional problem-solving and documentation skills
- A combination of knowledge of any of the following IT platforms and concepts:
- Zoom and A/V expertise ( added advantage )
- Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux (RHEL)