Roles and Responsibilities Working under the supervision of the Engineering Manager of Mobile Applications Development, the Engineer II assists with developing and testing mobile applications software and the integration with wired and wireless communication protocol stacks and embedded firmware systems in professional audio products.
- Works with cross-functional development teams to design and implement mobile (Android/iOS) application software that controls and manages cutting edge audio products and networking technologies
- Develops mobile (Android/iOS) application software with some direction from management and more senior engineers/mentors.
- Implements UI designs and interactions specified by UX designers
- Implements and maintains features for existing applications
- Troubleshoots, documents, and resolves defects in software
- Works with mentors and senior staff to develop competency
- Prototypes mobile application interactions and features
- Estimates, organizes, and documents tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Experience in mobile application software development on Android and iOS
- Experience with UIKIt, Core Animation, and the iOS SDK
- Basic competency with commonly used programming languages (C, Objective-C, Swift, Java)
- Demonstrated expertise with software development tools (IDEs)
- Experience with software version control and release, SVN or Git
- Experience with defect tracking systems such as JIRA
- Demonstrated ability completing assignments with supervision
- Interest in music and audio processing a plus
Perks and Benefits