The role of the Senior Support Engineer - Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA) is to provide exceptional remote-based support for mission-critical Oracle SOA-based applications and related Oracle Middleware Technology Products such as WebLogic, as part of our global customer support team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Solve complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of Oracle SOA functionality (including BPEL, Mediator/Service Bus, Business Rules, Adapter framework), and its Oracle technology stack
- Work closely with customers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high-quality customer experience
- Provide remote-based support of Oracle Fusion Middleware technology products, and particularly Oracle SOA
- Support client customizations, advising on upgrades and implementations
- Solve complex issues around SOA and WebLogic, including tuning issues, OFM database repository, security, and the network transport layer.
- Have expert level knowledge of the UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Be a pro-active contributor to a support organization which is running 24x7x365, this will require the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays and monitoring email regularly outside standard business hours
- Provide hands-on assistance using proprietary tools in a test environment or via remote client connectivity
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience