A Day in the Life
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will join a team of talented and driven engineers driving the development and commercialization of Medtronic's next-generation Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) platform. You will have the unique opportunity to build the unit testing framework on software frameworks to mitigate these risks for the underlying robotic platform. This is a great role that will enable you to gain a strong knowledge of different software components across the robotic system.
If you are a curious soul who is self-driven, loves to learn and believes in making a difference through innovation and creative problem solving in Healthcare, we would love to talk to you.
- Design and develop Unit test cases for advances C++ frameworks that ensure a robust, safe and secure embedded real-time platform software.
- Participate in software requirements analysis and verification plan execution.
- Perform required documentation- of software and test design, tools, known anomalies and cybersecurity vulnerabilities- in compliance with FDA quality standards.
- Participate in code and design reviews, risk assessment and mitigation efforts.
- Experience in Design development using C++ 11 and above platform
- Experience in Unit test automation
- Experience in an object-oriented language advanced C/C++.
- Experience in QNX/Linux
- Experience with common development tools: environments, compilers, build management software, debugging and source control tools, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to build consensus and establish common goals.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
- Proficiency in Python is strongly preferred.
- Experience with distributed real-time software.
- Experience performing risk management analysis of software (e.g. SW FMEA).
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology.