We actively seek a Project Manager In our SSG Product Services team. This is a remote position and open to candidates in Australia.
We’re building something special at Rimini Street. A company where people care about each other and trust each other to do the right thing. A company where highly intelligent and talented people come together to do challenging and meaningful work that makes a real difference to our clients, ending each day with a sense of achievement and balance in their lives.
The role of Project Manager is responsible for client-facing projects which deliver remote implementations of our internally developed and commercial products and efficiently drive projects to successful on schedule delivery with quality deliverables. We are evolving our Project Management capabilities so this person will have the opportunity to also assist with improvements to current project methodologies, recommend new processes for the Project Management Office (PMO) and help to shape the future of project delivery. This individual will provide project support, training and guidance to other teams as needed.
Qualified candidate will have extensive experience in managing highly repeatable short duration projects. The right person will have practical experience in delivering proiects using various project methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and Hybrid.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing overall project delivery, milestones of SSG projects
- Leading teams of highly technical engineers based in multiple geographies
- Provide clear and consistent communication of project status both internally to the project team, business stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Work with stakeholders to determine and prioritize business objectives, critical success factors to ensure timely and successful completion of projects.
- Establish and sustain strong on-going relationships with business partners.
- Scope, develop and maintain project plan, milestones, agendas, action items lists, deliverables, risk, lessons learned and ensure adherence to company Project Management Standards and Software Development Lifecycle best practices.
- Build and perfect new Project Management standards and tools as needed
- Evaluate business requirements, new system specifications, vendor solutions, and provide recommendations.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage a high degree of change in a fast paced, complex and demanding environment
- Provide training in project management and the applied project tools to other team members.
- Inspire Project Managers, Architects, Business Analysts, Technical Analysts, QA Engineers, Support Engineers, Regional Managers and Directors in the team to regularly deliver not only the best quality service but also on-schedule, under-budget projects
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Be committed to excellence and high-quality standard.
- Promote trusted advisor relationship with business partners by modeling credibility, reliability, intimacy and lack of self-orientation.
- Communicate effectively across various organizations within Rimini Street (e.g., sales, client engagement (renewals), client on-boarding, development & QA, support, etc.)
- Provide expertise as needed to clients, Product Services team members, and with sales calls
- Other job-related duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8 - 10 years’ experience managing enterprise projects / programs in IT Applications environment
- PMP or equivalent level of training in Project Management highly beneficial
- Previous experience setting up a PMO program including project templates, tools, system and processes
- Experience with remote software deployments
- Experience with cloud deployments
- Experience supporting internal business owners within an enterprise
- Experience delivering using Agile/Scrum and Waterfall project management methodologies
- Experience with analyzing complex issues and delivering appropriate solutions
- Demonstrates the ability to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Proficient with Project Management tools such as Financial Force (PSA)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
- Ability to understand basics of technical software systems and system interfaces
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Aptitude to lead and direct work of matrix project teams
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to think critically and make clear, responsible, and well-reasoned decisions.
- Exceptional Leadership skills as well as the ability to build and maintain strong peer relationships, gaining trust and confidence from all levels within the organization.
- Spoken and written communication to a business level in a non-English language, while not a requirement, would be beneficial
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative with process improvement
- Experience with localizations and global implementations would be an advantage
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills; effective working with clients.
- Open, direct, and informative management style; the ability to develop relationships based on trust, confidence and respect with customers and colleagues
- Ability to multi task multiple projects, issues and tasks
- Ethical with highest standards of integrity
- In depth understanding of ERP Applications, Architecture, Technology, etc.