SUMMARY OF POSITION
- The Senior Electrical Test Engineer will be responsible for various Electrical Verification and Validation tasks during the development lifecycle of complex electro-mechanical medical devices.
- The individual will be a part of a small but professional Verification and Validation team and will work closely with development engineers and other cross functional teams
- The overall job of the Senior Electrical Test Engineer is one of contributing positively in creation and innovation, which would lead to the development and introduction of new and tailored products
Roles and Responsibilities
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment.
- Plans schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
- Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
- Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
- Responsible for testing all delivered samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area
- Define testing of new product, implementing operational profiles, preparing for test, executing test, and guiding the test.
- Support the qualification of third-party electro-mechanical components and tools used for development and verification/validation
- Advise and confer with engineers in design review meetings to give findings and recommendations on improvement of product quality.
- Required: - B.E or B.Tech in Electronics or Electrical Engineer
- A minimum of 10 years in electrical/electro-mechanical product Verification & Validation
Desired Candidate Profile
- Experience with modern electrical testing tools and methods, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and spectrum analyzers.
- Knowledge of system engineering and the ability to understand embedded electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of C/C++ and some familiarity with FW programming.
- Hands on experience in using measurement equipment like Millimeter, Oscilloscope, Function generator etc.
- Experience with both manual and automated testing
- Familiarity with FDA regulations and recommended practices, especially regarding electrical verification and validation
- Familiarity with ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 60101 and other relevant industry standards
- Familiarity with National Instruments test hardware
Yes, < 25 % of the Time