The role of the Senior Support Engineer - Oracle Financial Technology is to provide exceptional remote-based support for mission-critical Oracle Middleware and E-Business Suite Products such as Flexcube and Financial Services Analytical Applications as part of our global customer support team. This role requires a candidate with deep technical experience in the Financial Industry .
Essential Duties Responsibilities
- Solve complex customer issues using your expert knowledge of Oracle FlexCube and Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications.
- Solve complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of Oracle EBS applications functionality and tech stack technology
- Work closely with customers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high-quality customer experience
- Provide remote-based support all Oracle technology products.
- Support client customizations, advising on upgrades and implementations
- Understand and resolve complex application security issues and upgrades with Java and TLS.
- Have expert level knowledge of the UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Be a pro-active contributor to a support organization which is running 24x7x365, this will require the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays and monitoring email regularly outside standard business hours
- Provide hands-on assistance using proprietary tools in a test environment or via remote client connectivity
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience
Additional Duties Responsibilities
- Other job related duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Must have deep performance tuning skills with practical exposure to Oracle performance tuning tools like awr, addm, ash, sqlt, oradebug, sql trace, sql monitor, oem, sql plan management.
- Must have technical knowledge of Oracle FlexCube and O racle Financial Services Analytical Applications.
- Must have practical exposure to OS utilities like vmstat, top, iotop, sar, netstat, strace, iostat, tcpdump, wireshark.
- Must have strong SQL tuning skills.
- Must have a deep knowledge on EBS technology products ( like WF, Alerts concurrent etc) on a HA/MAA architectures.
- Knowledge on Oracle middleware products such as 10g AS and Weblogic.
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving Weblogic performance issues.
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients
- Strong knowledge of key application functionality, tables and relationships
- Deep knowledge of Oracle EBS customization/extension methodologies
- Excellent database performance tuning.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills - verbal written
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations
- The ability to work remotely from a home based office in a virtual environment
- Experience with administration, installation and/or debug of other Oracle Technology components would be an advantage such as OBIEE, Webcenter , Golden Gate. Knowledge of any of these products would be a bonus.
- A consulting background, while not mandatory, would be useful
- Experience with localizations and global implementations would be an advantage
- Fluency in a second language (preferably Japanese, Korean, Chinese, French, German, or Spanish), while not mandatory, would be highly regarded.