As a key member of the Cloud Engineering team, you are part of a team responsible for ensuring availability, reliability, responsiveness, and scalability across all ZL client Production services. You are deeply hands-on with our cloud-based infrastructure, automation, monitoring and systems telemetry.
You work with our engineering team to design and build system infrastructure that is automated, elastic, and reliable. The tools you build and provide increase automation, consistency, and confidence in all platforms. In a team member, we expect you to challenge conventional wisdom and encourage everyone to have simpler solutions. You are a team member that is interested in the products we work on and have a passion for making the Internet a safer place.
Ideal candidates have a background or immense interest in working with: Ansible, Azure, AWS, Tomcat/Java, RabbitMQ, Kafka, MySQL, CloudFormation, Terraform, Kubernetes and Restful API development. Please include a link to your Github or BitBucket account, as well as any links to some of your projects if available.
- Ability to harness all that Azure/AWS has to offer - you'll be spinning up new scalable environments quickly and keeping our cloud accounts tidy and efficient.
- A high degree of familiarity with Linux containers and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of HTTP, REST, networking concepts and global load-balancing
- A passion towards automation a key team goal is to reduce daily toil through automation
- Work cross-functionally within a service team and be a core contributor in every significant engineering solution that is delivered
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in on-call rotations, along with every member of the engineering team
- Solid understanding of system design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Solid programming and troubleshooting skills. You won’t be expected to know everything, but we are looking for people who can dig through a codebase for debugging and commit tactical fixes as needed.
- You have 8+ years in technology with at least three in a Cloud Engineer role
- You’re a storyteller with compelling stories about that time you learned something new to solve a problem for your company, and stories about the times you helped your team members skill up.
- You have powerful stories about the failures and mistakes you’ve made, and the lessons learned. You share them as cautionary tales with your team members.
- You love to code and deploy at scale.
- You have a desire to make the Internet a safer place.
- You had a passion for tools like Ansible and Cloud-formation, but are moving on to tools like Terraform, Kubernetes and Helm.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need. You write things down so someone else on your team can do them.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges. We see simplicity as the greatest expression of intelligence and responsibility.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.