The role of the JDE CNC Support Engineer is to provide exceptional remote-based administration for mission-critical JDE applications. The position entails support with responsibility for monitoring, administering, troubleshooting and support of CNC, Technology Stack, configuration issues, package deployment, etc. The role of the JDE CNC Support Engineer will also require the expertise and skills in order to troubleshoot issues and deliver solutions for such issues in complex and highly-configured environments.
Job requirements include System Administration and CNC expertise with all versions of Oracle’s J.D.Edwards OneWorld and EnterpriseOne. Experience should include full CNC life-cycle implementation experience and system administration. The best candidates will have knowledge of multiple operation system and database combinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Solve complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of JDEdwards applications functionality and technology.
- Work closely with customers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high-quality customer experience
- Support client customizations, sharing implementation and best practices advice.
- Manage one or more key assigned accounts as a technical/functional advisor.
- Provide hands-on assistance using proprietary tools in a test environment or via remote client connectivity.
- Be a pro-active contributor to a support organization which is running 24x7x365, this will require the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays and monitoring email regularly outside standard business hours
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations.
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience.
- Enterprise, database, and application server maintenance
- Object Management Workbench (OMW) promotions, Package Builds and Deployments
- Security maintenance
- WebSphere and OAS installation and maintenance
- Performance Tuning
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other job-related duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years, preferably as a CNC administrator experience, including building, maintaining, and/or migrating all components of the infrastructure
- Technical expertise in multiple and varied components of the architecture, such as Webserver, Application Server, Enterprise Server, Deployment Server, WebSphere, Java, load balancers, etc.
- Knowledge of maintenance/patching mechanics for multiple layers of the infrastructure
- Familiarity with administrative tools necessary to administer the database
- Network database experience for AS400, SQL and Oracle
- Experience with Work Station (Fat Client) installation and maintenance
- Performance tuning experience
- Previous experience working exclusively in a remote environment
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients.
- Strong knowledge of key application functionality, tables and relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills - verbal written.
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations.
- The ability to work remotely from a home based office in a virtual environment.
- CNC expertise in all JDE Technology Stacks