The Systems Data Manager position is responsible for leading the Data Management team at insightsoftware. This includes ensuring customer, vendor, and product data is accurately governed, maintained, and transmitted between internal and external business partners and systems to ensure a single, trusted view of enterprise data to deliver an optimal customer experience.
The Systems Data Manager collaborates with cross-functional areas to define processes, create policies, enhance systems, develop training, and establish data governance. He or she orchestrates and harmonizes people, processes, and technology to deliver timely and reliable data sets to cross-functional partners and systems, driving business efficiency and enhancing accuracy of customer, vendor, and product data elements. Leads the prioritization and activities of his/her team that are in service to strong data management and governance for insightsoftware.
- Establishes and prioritizes Works on data-related projects, processes, and policies for business systems
- Manages the governance and quality assurance of data elements by creating systems and reports, proposing system and/or process enhancements and oversees testing and training.
- Serves as the primary data partner to internal business partners by providing recommendations to enhance collection, integrity, and strengths of their data sets.
- Manages operational workflows associated with Data domains including but not limited to setup and maintenance with oversight and support.
- Partners with operational areas to resolve issues and answer Data related to product structures, customer data conflicts or inaccuracies, vendor data updates, auditing, etc..
- Hires and develops team members, and provides direction and support for their daily activities.
- Responsibility for oversight of general lifecycle activities of Customer, Vendor, and product master requests which includes records contained in Salesforce and NetSuite with other opportunities to own data in additional systems
- Partners with Marketing, SalesOps, Business Operations, Business Systems, Customer Support, Customer Success, FPA, Finance and accounting, and Professional Services to assure the accuracy of data records contained in Salesforce and NetSuite.
- Ensures integrity, consistency, and quality of master data in multiple systems.
- Establishes and maintains business processes to support data quality and related standards.
- Operationalizes technology processes to manage business systems data and works towards improving those processes.
- Performs root cause analysis on systems data-related problems.
- Ensure the successful completion of projects, providing timely and realistic status updates and completion estimates.
- Develops common solutions and practices that holistically address systems data problems.
- Ensure controls, Finance policies, documented procedures surrounding systems data are enforced through business rules and approvals.
- Lead the data management and data integration of acquired companies with attention to harmonizing, cleansing, consolidating, and sharing of accurate data efficiently throughout the organization.
- Manage the deduplication of master data records across all systems
- Enable consistency in reporting abilities when systemic changes are implemented by reviewing downstream effects with each team by partnering with operational teams or analysts
3+ years of experience with working with systems data and the integration of data between business systems
2+ years of experience in a management role in the software industry
3+ years of Project management, data management, system implementation, or system integration experience.
Strong understanding and working knowledge of Accounting Principles and Software processes
Clear understanding of the software industry
Excellent understanding of systems data management principles and hygiene
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent problem identification and solving ability skills
Associates or Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science.
Analytics, reporting and database experience (SQL, Salesforce, and NetSuite preferred).
Ability to work in a stand-alone role and cross functional environments.
Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, decision-making, research, analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs/environments
Excellent PC skills with strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint