Would you like to join a User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems in MATLAB, the language of technical computing?
Join our cross-functional team and lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs go live to delight our users across the globe.
Were dedicated to crafting clear and effective designs for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if you:
- Love working on complex problems and workflows
- Can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
- Enjoy driving the full range of design activities from concepting through final visual design
- Want to contribute to the design of components that can be used by MATLAB and numerous MATLAB products
Our user experience team has over 100 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing and design. As strategic business partners, we work closely with our product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle to develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
Learn more about our UX team
As a UX Designer, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve the user experience for MathWorks products and applications. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and validate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborate with development and marketing teams to design delightful, appropriate, and consistent solutions for MATLAB, the language of technical computing
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and project partner's vision
- Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to determine which ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on usability testing, standard methodologies, and technical input
- Help promote standard methodologies in design, usability, and accessibility within the design and engineering teams and across the company
- Research and showcase industry trends and the latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and Web
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree (e.g.,Computer Science, Mechanical or Communications Engineering, Architecture, Human Computer Interaction, or other relevant degree)
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software/Web design
- Proficiency with relevant design tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch)
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to UI representations
- Experience communicating sophisticated interaction design ideas with clarity and persuasion
- Desktop and Web application design experience
- Responsive and accessible design experience is a plus
Interested candidates can share their updated profile to email@example.com