- Develop and manual as well as automated tests in order to ensure software product quality.
- Estimating, planning, and coordinating testing activities.
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
- The ability to quickly assess risk, lead a team to a decision point and ensure plans are executed are critical skills required to perform this role.
- This is a very hands-on, highly interactive role in a fast-paced, ever-changing production environment.
Responsibilities (Manual and Automated)
- Participate in the Sprint planning and product-grooming meetings to understand, analyze and influence the application/service/system to be tested.
- Identify the risks and appropriate test coverage to validate new features as well as regression, and develop test plans and cases.
- Come up with systems and processes to increase efficiency and identify the area of testing that can be automated.
- Execute test cases, manually or in an automated fashion, capture and analyze the results, document issues and prepare test reports.
- Present testing results and progress to the management team
- Use Test Management tools to create, maintain, track and execute test cases; as well as use Defect Tracking tools.
- Analyze and identify the issues found during testing, either work with the Development teams and/or the Product management teams to diagnose them.
- Understand the business aspects, as well as the ways the customers are using the system; and check if the system is performing as it should have been
- Take over a Test Activity and feature/s lead; including planning, executing, communicating, tracking, and reporting.
- Leading activity and test project capabilities include Planning, designing, preparing, and executing the tests.
- Manage a team of QA engineers.
- Lead standup meetings with QA team
- Promote a spirit of collaboration across teams and individuals.
- Passion for learning and mentoring.
- Passion for process automation and software quality.
- 5+ years of QA experience including writing and executing test plans
- 1+ years of management experience
- 2-3 years of experience in designing and writing API automation
- Knowledge of script programming
- Knowledge of tools like Jira, CI/CD, release planning
- Strong design, coding and debugging skills (hands-on).
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Advanced hands-on experience in building automated regression testing capabilities using current technologies
- Team player, Independent, out-of-the-box thinker, and self-learner.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment which can be changed frequently
- Experience in any ERP or HRMS will be advantageous
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English
Bachelors Degree or Post Graduate Degree in a Science or Engineering related discipline.