Develop and execute software test plans to identify software problems and their causes.
A software quality assurance engineer must have strong skills in a variety of categories: engineering and technology, math and science, verbal and written communication, problem-solving, reasoning and logic, and practical skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- 3 years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
- Design and create test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Discover bugs within software, monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter
- Design or develop automated testing tools.
- Research and analyze product features being tested
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality