- Regulatory reporting is the submission of data needed by regulators to evaluate an entities operations and status of compliance with different applicable regulations
- Transaction reporting is a part of regulatory reporting and compliance needs which is focused on the reporting of transactions between entities in the financial markets
- Regulatory transaction reporting came into greater focus with the financial crisis of 2008 where the global markets faced a crunch. In particular, the transactions in OTC derivatives markets were largely unsupervised until then. Regulations were setup to help improve the stability of the markets and provide resiliency through implementation of processes and monitoring while providing the necessary oversight on these transactions. US government released the Dodd-Frank Regulation and other countries soon followed suit (Europe, Japan, Canada, and Hong Kong) with similar approaches on reporting such transactions.
- IT Systems have been specifically designed to the perform the following main functions
- Real-time Transaction Reporting
- Real-time notifications of trades and post-trade events
- Enrichment with reference data or pricing systems
- Format data to generate required reports
- Send real-time reports to the regulators / reporting platforms
- Receive real-time responses from reporting platforms
- End-of-Day Position, Valuation and Collateral Reporting
- Receive end-of-day position, valuation and collateral reporting feeds
- Enrichment with reference data systems
- Send reports to regulators / reporting platforms
- Position and valuation feeds to monitoring and controls applications
- Position feeds for collateral management
- Positions feeds for client reporting and other internal application needs
- Resubmissions of failed real-time transactions
- Analyze user requirements and come up with a blue print of feasible system solution.
- Manage the end to end systems delivery life cycle (or project life cycle) to ensure business requirements are met or exceeded, on time and within budget
- Define Critical Success Factors (CSFs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other objectives that must be met as per project requirements including non-functional requirements like Capacity handling, Response time, Performance, Security, Alerting, Monitoring etc.
- Provide technical support to business lines for projects after technical go-live
- Monitor and report project health from Costs, Schedule Quality perspective using standard tools.
- Produce effective progress reports for assigned projects to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses
- Run Project working Group and Project Steering Committee meetings with Project participants and other stakeholders including Project Sponsor.
- Build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders within Business/Functions, Group IT.
- Build and manage relationships with Vendor Partners/FinTech s in this space and monitor their performance
- Manage the resolution of production issues with the minimum disruption to the business
- Maintain awareness of operational risk including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control
- Develop a good level of understanding of the relevant business systems of the Group that are required to support the business/functions
Technical Behavioral Competencies
- Graduate / Post graduate preferably with certifications like PMP, PMI-ACP, ITIL
- 12+ years of IT experience with 5 years in delivery and support within banking domain
- Past experience in development and design of systems running on Unix/Windows and using Java/PL-SQL, Oracle/SQL Server databases
- Java 8 and above, Multithreading, Spring/Spring Boot, Database (Oracle/MS SQL), Shell Script, Web service (SOAP/REST), Maven/Gradle, JPA, JMS/Rabbit MQ
- Working knowledge of application server / middleware technologies
- Familiar with tools used in Software Development for Testing, Build, Configuration and Release Management.
- Project Management experience with proven ability to co-ordinate activities
- Analytical, Problem Solving, Trouble Shooting, Inter-Personal and Communication skills
- Self-Driven and Team player
- Exposure to cloud or digital technologies would be added advantage
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- This position requires exceptional technical design and analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate (precisely and accurately) across all levels of the organization.
- Investment Banking - Capital Markets domain experience is handy.
Behavioural Skills : (Please select up to 4 skills)
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to inspire others generate peoples commitment
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 12Year