UG :- - Not Required
PG :- - Not Required
No of position :- ( 1 )
Post :- 28th Nov 2022
Job Description Payroll Executive
About the Company:
The Belgian Waffle (BWC) is a Quick Serve Restaurant (QSR) concept serving the indulgent snacking market in India.
BWC has grown since inception to a footprint of ~350 stores across India. BWC operates a combination of company
owned stores (COCO) and franchise owned/operated stores (FOFO). At present, BWC is present only in India. BWC is
well capitalized and profitable.
BWC currently focuses on western, chocolate-based deserts (largely waffles); revenues are split between in-store
consumption and take-away/delivery through 3rd party aggregators. At present, FMCG concepts have been piloted but
not rolled out in any meaningful manner.
Over the last 12 months, BWC has begun making the transition to a professional-run management team with the
induction of senior and experienced professionals across most senior functions. BWC is private equity backed.
Over the next 5 years, BWC has identified a number of strategic initiatives that the team is focused on driving (among
• Increased product innovation to keep the menu fresh
• A best-in-class store experience; feedback mechanisms to ensure customer loyalty
• Growing the store footprint to 1000 stores across COCO/FOFO outlets
• Implementing superior supply chain/automation practices to drive efficiency and minimize wastage
• Launching international operations across Middle East and Southeast Asia
• Rolling out FMCG concepts through retail distribution
These and other company imperatives require technology leadership to optimize existing operations, drive business
expansion, and create business model flexibility.
Job Location: Lower Parel, Mumbai.
About the Role:
Processes payroll in a timely and accurate manner. Creates and maintains employees payroll records. Calculations
wages and applicable deductions based on employee attendance and timesheet records. Enters payroll information
into central system for processing. Issues employees’ checks and earnings summaries. Completes payroll reports.
• This position is responsible for managing & administration of the company Payroll shared services and
ensuring compliance and accuracy in monthly Payroll activities
• The role responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of payroll.
• Overall responsibility for payroll processing and administration
• Manage certain time bound processes and ensure validation of data to be accurate and truthful i.e.
• Investments declaration, Form 16s, Tax Returns
• Ensuring time lines are met for salary disbursement and statutory compliance
• Ensuring Employee Benefits including Employee reimbursements as per rules and regulations of income tax
• Responsible for MIS and Analytics regarding payroll and employee benefits with Standardization of reports
for better decision making
• Verification & Reconciliation of monthly payroll
• Calculation and deposit of monthly liability of TDS on salaries
• Preparation & Submission of Quarterly and Annual TDS returns
• Responsible of publishing monthly Payroll Dashboard
• Ensure Monthly payroll provisions to Finance
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting or a relevant field
Skills Required – Must Have:
• Proven working experience as Payroll Executive • People oriented and results driven
• Knowledge of HR systems and databases
• Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
• Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
Skills Required – Nice to Have:
• Pleasing Personality and Good communication skills.
• Prior or current experience in in relevant field.