Roles and Responsibilities
Sales Associate for Retail sector
The key objectives of the Sales Associate are to maximize sales through exceptional customer service standards. They are responsible for looking after the allocated section, tracking slow and fast moving items, coordinating with Visual Merchandisers and Merchandise Analysts regarding displays and inventories in the respective section.
Key Performance Areas:
Shop Keeping and Store Standards
- Maximize and contribute to sales within the store through exceptional customer service and retail experience.
- Ensure all stock is laid out and displayed according to standard layout norms (product placement, signage, neat and well folded, arranged in order from smallest to largest, hanged items must be steamed, brand wise, size wise etc).
- Ensure all products are price tagged and barcoded before display.
- Ensure correct rotation of stock on shelves and assist in accurate stock counts as per store requirements.
- Ensure all stock administration (stock count, inter branch transfer, dispatch and delivery) are recorded on the system in time, accurately and correctly categorized.
- Ensure awareness and vigilance at all times of security in the store without any negligence.
- Ensure he highest standards of housekeeping and grooming etiquettes are maintained in store at all times.
- Give accurate and current information about the product for all inquiries.
- Increase the customer database by adding new customers to the mailing list.
- Understand the returns policy and ensure effective implementation.
- Help store merchandiser and store manager in product placement and arrangement.
- Dress up mannequins and attend to other visuals.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized back-stock area and keep the employee break area neat and tidy.
- Operate as a cashier and be consistently accurate in money handling (if applicable).
- Understand and utilize all reports required for the day to day functioning of each store.
Carry out linked selling i.e. understand the customers need and close the deal.
Store Merchandise / Merchandising
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the merchandise/ products stocked in the store.
- Ensure promotions and fast selling lines are featured in the store.
- Provide information about the customers(likes,dislikes and opinions) to the department in charge.
- Ensure effective stock replenishment to the store and assure continuous stock availability, ongoing recovery and maintenance in the store.
- Responsible for greeting and meeting all customers promptly and politely as they enter the store
- Provide customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional customer service.
- Guide customers throughout the store or to the specific area the customer requests.
- Develop a clear understanding of all departments, products, make, features and after sales service.
- Ensure effective implementation of visual merchandising principles within the stores.
- Effectively deal with customer queries and complaints.
- Follow procedures for dealing with specific customer orders.
- Ensure confidentiality with respect to metercube retail and sales information.
Desired Candidate Profile
Perks and Benefits