We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Writing clean and efficient codes for Android applications
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Proofreading your code and correcting mistakes before each app is released.
- Collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that each app is presentable and in perfect working order.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks, rectifying bugs and enhancing application performance
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Monitoring the performance of live apps and work on optimizing them at the code level
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define and design new features
- Implementing measures to safeguard users' data.
- Ensuring that the construction and presentation of your apps are congruent with the company's standards.
- Monitoring app reviews to detect areas for improvement.
- Creating app updates, including bug fixes and additional features, for release.
- Staying up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as touch
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience as Android Developer is required
- Master of Computer Application (MCA) or B.Tech specializing in IT / Comp. Sc/ Electronics & communication
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment focused on delivery
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented