We are looking for a DataStage developer to design, build, and implement ETL solutions. In this role, you will develop processes and frameworks with the DataStage platform to assist with the successful deployment and maintenance of ETL processes.
To ensure success as a DataStage developer, you should be skilled at applying ETL principles and practices, and be able to implement complex solutions to problems at an enterprise level. Ultimately, a top-notch DataStage developer will be able to apply their knowledge to a diverse range of cases.
DataStage Developer Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and discussing briefs with key personnel assigned to projects.
- Designing and building scalable DataStage solutions.
- Configuring clustered and distributed scalable parallel environments.
- Updating data within repositories and data warehouses.
- Assisting project leaders in determining project timelines and objectives.
- Monitoring jobs and identifying bottlenecks in the data processing pipeline.
- Testing and troubleshooting problems in system designs and processes.
- Improving existing ETL processes for the business.
- Providing support to customers about issues relating to the storage, handling, and access of data.
DataStage Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a similar field.
- Demonstrable experience as a DataStage developer.
- IBM DataStage certification or similar.
- Proficiency in SQL or another relevant language.
- Knowledge of data modeling, database design, and the data warehousing ecosystem.
- Skilled at the ideation, design, and deployment of DataStage solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.