Data Engineer job responsibilities
- Apply advanced predictive modeling and statistical techniques to design, build, maintain, and improve upon multiple real-time decision systems.
- Visualize and show complex data-sets via multidimensional visualization tools.
- Perform data cleansing, transformation feature engineering.
- Design scalable automated data mining, modelling and validation processes.
- Produce scalable, reusable, efficient feature code to be implemented on clusters and standalone data servers.
- Contribute to the development/ deployment of machine learning algorithms, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
- You will operate near autonomously with a significant amount of trust placed in you and your ability to grow the company from the inside.
- Once our team aligns on a project vision, implementation constraints and success criteria, the truck is in your hands. Your unique experiences and learnings play a huge role in shaping the way our company works and the direction we head.
To power through the Data Engineer role, you will need self-discipline, a flexible mind, and extreme self-motivation and:
- An absolute minimum of 1-3 years of relevant data science experience.
- Have an Engineering or comparable math / physics degree.
- Knowledge working proficiency in Excel, Python, R Expert proficiency in at least 2 structured programming languages.
- Deep understanding about statistical and analytical models.
Fluent in English, Hindi at least one regional language.
- A full stack human (Fully intellectually formed adult able to deal with yourself, stress, and uncertainty).
- Obsessively detail and results oriented
- Most importantly, an inquisitive mind and a risk appetite for experimentation and failure.