Roles and Responsibilities
- Part of Innovative Retail Mobile Team responsible for overseeing back-end web services
- Develop and maintain Retail Application Web Services by using JSP, Java Servlets, and interacting with various databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2). Most of the web services will be consumed by our Retail mobile applications written in React Native.
- Analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high-level technical design documents and technical specifications
- Unit and system testing of application code, as well as execution of implementation activities as part of releases
- Analysis and identification of technical areas of improvement within existing applications
- Help research and recommend new tools and technology frameworks that can drive innovation and differentiation
- Responsible for providing Level 3 Production Support which activities include advanced troubleshooting, debugging and problem resolution. This may at times be outside of shift hours if production critical.
- Assist in issue/function recreation, testing, analysis, and troubleshooting/debugging of applications.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing Java applications
- Experience building RESTful Web Services in Java 8 (or higher) using JSP and/or Servlets
- Experience with SQL (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be good at reading, writing, and debugging Java code
- Experience with Struts and Spring Frameworks
- Experience running Java code on WebSphere App Server
- Experience with Eclipse
- Proven ability to complete complex tasks independently
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Willingness to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiar with CI/CD process
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Agile development (Scrum)
- Experience with Jasper Reports
- Experience working on Retail applications
- Experience with Containers/Microservices
- Experience with JIRA
- React.js or Angular.js experience
Perks and Benefits