- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications. This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Skill in using company information systems and processes.
- Understanding of engineering principles as they relate to the company product
- Fundamental understanding of machine forms relevant to the specific job assignment and Company division/unit. Knowledge/familiarity with machines manufactured by competitors.
- Knowledge of the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), Enterprise Technology Development process (ETDP) and/or Enterprise Customer Acquisition Process (ECAP).