ZSis a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Ourmost valuable asset is our people fact that's reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
ZSs Cloud Center of Excellence team defines and implements cloud best practices that ensure secure and resilient enterprise grade systems architecture for client facing/delivery software solutions. The Cloud team at ZS is a casual, collaborative, and a smart group with offices in Evanston, Illinois and Pune, India.
As a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer you will be an individual contributor and subject matter expert who participates in the design and implementation of technology solutions. You will collaborate with a team of technologists to produce enterprise scale software solutions for our clients needs. You will be working primarily in AWS with a focus on cloud architecture, infrastructure automation, and network security.
- Architect full-stack software solutions with a focus on security, reliability, performance, monitoring and cost optimization
- Coordinate across agile development teams to implement continuous integration and delivery pipelines, automation, containerization, and cloud native services for deployment.
- Design and architect operational solutions for managing applications and infrastructure, with the specific goal of increasing the automation, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks.
- Build, test, monitor and troubleshoot Infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD workflows
- Define and implement best practices and standards around DevOps and service resilience in reusable automation modules / libraries / APIs that can be applied across the organization
- Build processes to deliver hosting capabilities across applications that use virtual machines, containers as well as server less architectures
- Mentor team members through technical and task management coaching and oversight
ZS welcomes candidates with degrees in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline. A demonstrated record of success and programming experience are required. Additionally, we seek individuals with the following qualifications:
- 3+ years in an Infrastructure Engineering / Software Engineering / DevOps role, deploying and maintaining multi-tiered application architectures
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS
- Experience writing Infrastructure-As-Code using Terraform (or CloudFormation)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, initiative and drive to contribute while being flexible and responsible in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal, written and team presentation communication skills. ZS is a global firm; fluency in English is required
- Ability to work in global cross-office teams
- Ability to quickly learn new platforms, languages, tools, and techniques as needed to meet project requirements.
Any of the following is a plus:
- Experience building automation using scripting languages like Bash/PowerShell/Python
- AWS certifications such as Solution Architect / DevOps Professional
- Hands-on experience with AWS services like CodeBuild, ServiceCatalog, Lambda, APIGateway etc.
- Full-stack IT experience with *nix, Windows, network/firewall concepts, source control (Git), build/dependency management and continuous integration systems (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Experience working and contributing to software applications development/deployment/management processes in a SaaS model
- Experience of delivering quality work on defined tasks with limited oversight