The IT-Systems Quality Engineer, is responsible for leveraging knowledge of software quality assurance discipline, quality engineering & automation implementations, and enterprise software development best practices to lead Quality testing and drive quality initiatives to ensure highest quality for IT deliverables. This role is responsible for testing within the ServiceNow platform. This includes new development and/or enhancements. This role is responsible for utilizing functional and technical acumen to drive the ServiceNow quality engineering in the agile development process, establish relationships, interact with stake holders, and ensure on-time delivery of product features, enhancements and bug fixes with the highest quality that will delight end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our employees are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by:
- Manages the overall work for technically complex areas of testing, including test automation, performance and load testing, analytics and web services testing
- Working closely with product management and Application development and support teams to define sound test strategies, influence architecture, design deliverables and optimize capacity across the QE organization
- Efficiently driving product quality and promoting leading industry best practices meeting QE department goals and objectives
- Represents the QE organization through all phases of the SDLC and closely collaborates with other involved functional areas
- Works collaboratively with cross functional teams to understand project objectives, project schedule, gather testing requirements.
- Manages testing artifacts to ensure proper reuse, versioning, backups, organization and retention.
- Coordinates and facilitates test planning, design and execution sessions.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of QE processes, tools and frameworks.
- Author and execute manual test cases against user stories.
- Conduct defect triage meetings and drive resolution in collaboration with the Application Development and business teams
- Implements and defines testing methodologies and standards to continuously improve results
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams
- Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives and progress of initiatives and projects
- Manages the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects/efforts while maintaining high quality and delivering on schedule
- Develop technology strategies that align with the organization's vision, mission, and objectives
- Develop and manage relationships throughout the organization to reinforce a culture of service and collaboration.
- Keep abreast of best QE practices and apply as relevant to the organization
- Setting clear direction, effective plans and measurable outcomes
- Plans, organizes and coordinates various testing project/efforts.
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- 5+ years of quality engineering and / or quality assurance experience for enterprise software products
- 3+ years of ServiceNow platform experience in development and testing
- 5+ years of experience in working for quality teams in an onshore/offshore model
- 3+ years of authoring and executing manual test cases
- Passion for quality and no line of code written without testing
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality through interaction with delivery teams
- Strong ability to handle a heavy workload with multiple projects and frequent interruptions
- Strong ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented ensuring high quality of test documentation
- Broad experience in testing enterprise distributed systems is strongly desired
- Strong time management skills with a history of meeting commitments
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the goals and requirements of the businesses supported by technology solutions
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in Quality Assurance Test discipline
- Strong understanding of QA processes and methodologies.
- Demonstrated skills in test management, problem-solving and decision-making, and working with technical staff
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative, agile) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles, test execution progress and results reports
- Experience working as part of team of SDETs, managing automated testing, performance, load and stress testing and other types of highly technical testing
- Education Degree required
- Experience and/or Training 5+ years of quality engineering and / or quality assurance experience for enterprise software products
- Experience and/or Training 3+ years of ServiceNow platform experience in development and testing