The Software engineer will have excellent technical and analytical skills, strong verbal and written communication, and the ability to provide excellent solutions through individual contributions and teamwork. Initiative and attention to detail is expected.
The responsibilities of the Software Engineer will include, but not be limited to: Design and implement applications/features, test implementations done by other team members, document new features, and provide support to existing customers through our ticketing system and/or direct interactions.
- Understand, build, and test applications working with different stakeholders, including customers, vendors, and team members
- Design, develop, and maintain applications/tools used by development and test engineers
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of Application Development/Maintenance processes and procedures
- Interface with hardware and software providers (internal and external) to deliver solutions that meet campus and UC business requirements
- Analyze user requirements as well as product architecture/design to derive testing requirements
- Design and document test cases for testing
- Review source code for potential problems; reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes
- Assist in assessing product quality and release readiness requirements
- Support efforts to perform day-to-day operations and first tier service support
- Strong knowledge of various .Net framework versions and upgrades including .Net core.
- Demonstrated database skills for MS SQL including relational databases, database design, tuning normalization, stored procedures, functions, SSIS, SSRS, administration and access control and the ability to write advanced SQL code.
- Generate reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Ad-hoc reporting, and data migration/transformation using SSIS packages.
- Ability to communicate across time zones to help review and /or manage offshore and on-shore team deliveries
- Strong communication skills along with excellent organization, planning and time management skills
- A passion for quality and learning new technologies and products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to solve complex problems and perform root cause analyses
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows OS and .NET technologies
- Ability to understand and write code in C#
- Hands-on software testing or development experience with large-scale web systems
- Understanding of the Agile Scrum software development life cycle
- Ability to understand PowerShell or other high-level languages
- Basic understanding of Hardware, Virtual machines, Network, OS fundamentals, and Encryption-Decryption protocols expected.