To design, development, and enhance our AWS data environment to ensure solution is implemented using scalable cloud-based best practices.
The cloud data engineer responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Design, development, and implementation of scalable Cloud-based data solutions.
- Support our services that focus on data technologies, including Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, as well as AWS Database Migration Service, Data Pipeline, Glue and more.
- Provide expertise and perspective on cloud development and infrastructure initiatives, including automations and data migration from on premise systems.
- Collaborate with the data engineers, operations and architects along with system and networking engineers on projects, architectural design, implementation strategy as well as scripting.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the design, installation, deployment, and support of complex data environments.
- Strong focus on promoting automation and DevOps best practices along with infrastructure, application, and security monitoring.
- Overall 9-12 years of experience and 4+ years of professional experience in a dynamic environment with a primary focus within Cloud services.
- Advanced administration experience with (1) of the following Database engines: MySQL / MariaDB / SQL Server / Amazon Aurora
- Expertise with building, deploying, and supporting cloud data platform in Amazon Web Services including but not limited to technologies: Aurora, RedShift, RDS, Data Lakes, SQL Server, MySQL, Elasticsearch, S3, DynamoDB, Hadoop, SQL, Python, Linux, ElasticCache, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Database and SQL query performance tuning experience. Familiarity with: gathering database performance metrics, analyzing explain plans, and presenting/implementing recommendations.
- Coding and development experience using SQL or T-SQL languages
- Experienced setting up monitoring and alerting for production data environments
- Experience with data backup and recovery strategies at database and table levels
- Ability to create operational and technical documentation
- Expertise in AWS with a focus on data security.
- Automation with shell scripting, python, and AWS APIs.
- Automating system configuration and management tasks