UG :- - Not Required
PG :- - Not Required
No of position :- ( 1 )
Post :- 1st Feb 2022
As discussed, below is the JD for the SQL Developer.
A Database Engineer designs, develops, tests, installs, and maintains systems, applications, networks, and/or telecom and related processes to meet the functional objectives of the business. Assesses system, application, network, and/or telecom needs, provides modeling and simulation consulting to clarify client technology functionality, and evaluates and implement new advanced technologies. Ensures adherence to established technology standards and consults with senior leadership on technology solutions. Supports existing systems and is responsible for leading technical aspects of a project. Responsible for assigning resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables.
About the Role: As a database developer, you will work under minimal supervision on a team that is charged with implementing clients onto the BillMatrix On Demand system. You will be responsible for researching and identifying client specific requirements, defining the implementation solution, and overseeing the technical engineering performed by the application developers and QA efforts. You will also have the opportunity to identify process improvements to increase the productivity of the team and improve overall product quality. You will be engineering the processes to reduce the implementation time, increase the team’s efficiency, and reduce the technological debt items and ensuring the best customer experience which will contribute to Fiserv’s overall goal of revenue and competitiveness in payment industry. In addition to leading a team in an agile like manner, this position reports directly to the Manager of Application Support, providing a good level of visibility and growth within the company.
About our Business:
The Biller Solutions Division within Fiserv offers hosted technology solutions for consumer billing and payment to companies of all sizes and industries. Our solutions equip companies with the ability to offer their consumer base electronic paperless billing (e-bills) and electronic payments (one-time, card funded, recurring, registered, ACH funded, etc.) in channels including the company’s website, bank or financial institution websites, via the phone or through walk-in locations like Walmart. Our clients are varied and include small local water companies, medium sized regional electric utilities and large national auto lenders, credit card issuers and telco/wireless providers. We also operate a direct to consumer website called MyCheckFree.com
Following are the job duties majorly (but not limited to) will be performed by this role:-
• Working closely with the Engineering and Development teams based in multiple geographic locations on upcoming feature rollouts
• Perform regular database schema & object changes like stored procedures & SSIS packages.
• Solve performance issues and drive optimizations
• Automate recurring DBA tasks
• Manage production incidents and mitigations
• Create reports, documentation, operating manuals, runbooks including routine tasks and processes
• Track and apply changes to database objects and data transformations in testing and production environments
• Maintain database continuous integration, delivery, and deployment efforts in support of DevOps initiatives
• Leverage standard platforms and cloud technologies to improve efficiency and scalability of data & services
• Apply industry standard security principles and best practices
Requirements for Consideration
• Proficient in SQL Development and Code, ability to troubleshoot SQL Code and Design, including Stored Procedures, functions, tables, and constraints.
• Strong understanding and experience of Advanced Stored Procedures, including data flow and logic in complex stored procedures to bypass issues and optimize as needed.
• Strong understanding of Bi-Di Replication and ability to utilize Redgate to identify Replication Out of Sync Records and fix.
• Understanding of Seed Identity Range and how records are written within a Bi-Di Replication Environment without causing Identity Range conflicts.
• Thorough understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) to troubleshoot and resolve File Loading failures.
• High emphasis on Dev (Code) DBA skills
• Requires very strong TSQL skillset. Create and debug complex stored procedures and triggers. Must be proficient with multi-table joins and schema. Create complex reports on demand
• Technically proficient with SQL Service Integration Services. Understand data flow and remediate issues. Create new SSIS reported on demand to process files and reports. Convert DTS packages to SSIS
• SQL Server Reporting services, create new SSRS reports on demand from customers.
• Experience and understanding of 3rd Party Applications such as Redgate, Splunk, and Foglight
• Willing to handle flexible schedule for rotating on call shift that requires nights and weekend coverage
• Experience working with Vendors, Partners, and Customer IT Teams to resolve high visibility and high priority issues.
• Troubleshoot and resolve Incidents pertaining to Payment Processing, Payment Settlement, Reporting, and Password.
• Apply corrections and adjustments to Database records while adhering to Industry Best Practice methods
• In depth understanding of Payment Industry and Systems, including Controls and Regulatory Compliance.
• Communicate resolution actions to Customers & Account Management
• Exceptional communication skills (Verbal and Written)
• Strong organizational skills and ability to properly prioritize workload.