This position is responsible for increasing the effectiveness of the Portfolio and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and toolsets by providing process and tool support to all groups within the organization. He or she will serve as a mentor/coach in SDLC and PMLC principles, standards and methodologies by working other analysts, project managers, scrum masters and delivery teams to track and measure status, progress and velocity to help to drive continuous improvement in the delivery of high-quality software solutions using rapid, iterative development.
Responsibilities for this role family include:
- Developing, managing, and tracking IT projects, from inception to implementation and supporting transition
- Forecasting, managing, tracking, and reporting project progress, issues, budget, and scope changes to achieve successful project completion, on-time, and within budget.
- Managing communications and expectations of clients, sponsors, users, team, contractors and the enterprise while ensuring project adherence to established IT project methodologies and standards, including developing resource plans, risk assessments, project plans, checkpoint reviews, etc.
- Collects and analyzes data to evaluate PMLC and SDLC operational effectiveness and makes recommendations to solve problems
- Follows established modeling and evaluation processes to determine the effectiveness of current operational activities
- Partners with the appropriate GTS personnel and users in the maintenance of project management and software development methodology standards and process documentation.
- Provide user support for Project Management Office tools
- Assesses current standards and processes and recommends additional standards and/or modifications to existing processes as the organization evolves.
- Partners with other GTS personnel to build standard reporting frameworks for tracking and communicating the status of items within the GTS project portfolio.
- Provide administration support for Project Management Office tools
- Trains and coaches individuals and teams on standards, processes and tools.
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership, by reinforcing Agile Core Values and Principles and training teams and individuals on enterprise Agile methodologies.
- Coaches leaders, teams, Project Managers and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile leadership, helping to reinforce and embrace Agile Principles and practices. Engages in challenging the old norms of project management and development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity.
- Responsible for providing task oversight to Level 1 and Level 2 team members
- Assigns and delegate tasks as appropriate to ensure timely and successful task completion
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, project management skills
- Ability to support multiple projects and manage tasks of varying priority
- Knowledge of Project Management and Software Development Tools and Processes
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum principles
Certificates / Training:
- Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Preferred: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE) Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner, SAFe Program Consultant certification