This position will provide data modeling and analysis for the OTDA Child Support Data Mart project
- Work with SMEs, BI Business Analyst and BI Technology team to understand the data requirements and the full attribute set for entities and dimensions.
- Convert business processes, domain specific knowledge, and information needs into a conceptual data model.
- Convert conceptual models into logical models with detailed descriptions of entities and dimensions.
- Develop and maintain fully defined conceptual, logical and physical dimensional data model to ensure the information models are capable of meeting end user and Business Intelligence developer needs.
- Develop data models and data migration strategies utilizing sound concepts of data modeling including star schema, snowflake schema, etc.
- Model aggregation layers and specific star schemas as subject areas within a logical and physical model
- Understand and meet referential data integrity requirements.
- Document decisions made in meetings and alternative solutions discussed.
- Ensure that technical development activities adhere to the ITS/IM architectural strategy so that overall business intelligence data integrity is maintained and conduct preliminary testing to insure accuracy of development.
- Makes high-level design choices and dictates technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. Designs multi-leveled architecture or component interactions of a large scale software system.
- Experience (8+ Years)
- This is an 100% Onsite
- 84 Months Experience with developing and maintaining logical and physical dimensional data models, building data migration strategies utilizing sound concepts of data modeling including star schema, snowflake schema, etc
- 84 Months Proficiency in a data modeling tool (e.g, ErWin)
- 84 Months Experience in relational data management disciplines and strong design and development experience using Oracle technologies
- 84 Months Experience with SQL programming and Unix shell scripting/cron experience
- 84 Months Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g.IBM Cognos) with data analytics background
- 60 Months Experience understanding of how to design and create BI applications for State Child Support Program business intelligence reporting solutions
- 36 Months Analytics and communications experience (e.g., math, statistics, quantitative methods, and writing proficiency)
- 24 Months Experience with reviewing the data modeling of others for compliance with accepted standards of development
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information science, engineering, or mathematics.
- Please submit copy of resume, degree, and certificate if applicable.