At UCOP, there is a need for a developer who is well versed in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to work on a security upgrade project.
- At least 5 years of experience in web development, with a focus on secure software development.
- Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts. Strong knowledge of and experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP or similar web-oriented platforms. Familiarity with development frameworks, especially Yii or Zend, as well as ORM. Demonstrated ability to design and maintain well-structured databases and data infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Thorough experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source technologies.
- Demonstrated software repository skills. Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Thorough knowledge of related areas of IT, including website development and UX design.
- Experience working within a team using Agile / iterative development processes for website development.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a collaborative team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines. Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.