- May be required to lead projects of moderate scope and complexity or serve as a technical advisor to project teams.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team;
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Collaborates with systems development and design personnel, including software programming and table, report and panel design.
- Identifies requirements for testing, develops test plans and scripts and coordinates test transmissions, as required Tests software.
- Develops conceptual design documents, AS IS and FUTURE STATE Flow charts
- Extensive contact with internal stakeholders is required to identify, research, and resolve problems
- Lead in the capacity of Scrum Master and/or collaborate with as a member of assigned Agile Sprint Development Team
- Coordinates implementation of the system software, including conversion of data to the new system and works with application support personnel to resolves system problems.
- Documents system specifications and notes any changes in procedure through technical reports. To include, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Acts as liaison between systems software development staff, management, and system end-users to determine requirements and obtain sign-off.
- Provides training and technical support to system end-users.
- Follows up with internal stakeholders about completed tasks to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to speak, see, and hear.
- Ability to use hands and arms to reach, handle, and operate various office machines including, but not limited to a printer, copier, fax, 10 key calculator, keyboard, and telephone.
The work environment is typical of an interior office setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Knowledge of SQL and other database design tools.
- Knowledge of company services and products.
- Knowledge of business profitability and risk management.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures.
- Skill to use and compose clear, comprehensive, and accurate verbal and written communication and reports.
- Skill to use Ultipro, Isynergy, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Cognos.
- Skill to manage multiple projects.
- Skill to be organized, give attention to detail, and exercise follow up.
- Skill to research and analyze data and prepare recommendations.
- Skill to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to process, interpret, and communicate complex data and financial information.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and initiative.
- Ability to draw logical conclusions and make effective recommendations.
- Ability to listen carefully and respond to or refer customer requests and problems with diplomacy and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to maintain diplomatic customer/client relations.
- Ability to project an outgoing and service focused personality.
- Ability to maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Ability to consistently project a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to look for opportunities to apply new ideas, methods, designs, and technologies.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with confidential matters and information.
- Ability to be effective when working independently or cooperatively as a team member.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position.
- 5 plus years of experience working with systems and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of software platforms, business systems and database design practices.
- Experience using Business Analyst tools to include, MS Office suite, MS Project, database query language, time tracking tools, Use Case/UML, QA for test case development, execution and defect tracking/issue tracking software.
- Worked in an Agile Project Management Environment (Scrum)
- Possess core business competencies such as finance, management, accounting, operations and marketing.
- Detailed awareness of the business context of a technical solution, including specific business goals associated with the project, how the project will meet goals and their own part in advancing goals.
PEO industry knowledge, payroll processing and/or employee benefits experience, a plus