The Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting calculations for Lease Accounting is accurate and meets the acceptance criteria defined in the requirements. In this role, the analyst will understand the requirements and translate it into test cases and appropriate test scenarios and associated test scripts.
- Understanding of ASC 842 and IFRS 16 lease accounting standards.
- Sound understanding of general Accounting/Finance processes and best practices.
- Strong functional bend towards understanding of various types of leases and corresponding impacts for commercial real estate, infrastructure
- Understand key lease life cycle events, such as extension, amendments and termination through lease accounting software
- First point of contact for business and technical team and must have ability to drive project by working finance business partners and technical team.
- Strong analytical review of various types of leases and understanding of JE’s, accounting models used in lease administration
- Act as subject matter expert for internal technology teams and business partners to enhance and implement feature of lease administration software
- Experience working with complex and large volume of data using basic SQL and/or advanced pivot tables in Excel.
- Experience in building Excel based accounting models to define the expected results for amortization and other financial attributes, and leverage that to compare with the results from the Lease Accounting engine.
- Review Journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation and analyze data to find gaps and have worked closely with Accounting Business Department and end user of a leasing system
- Experience developing, documenting business requirements and documenting them with a conceptual design.
- Experience in creating test scenario, defining test data requirements and validation/review of results obtained through testing.
- Experience in supporting UAT and execute test cases/scenarios to support UAT.
- Experience in Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of JIRA, JIRA Align, Test Management tool
- Aptitude for team leadership – influencing other to follow you towards a solution with aptitude towards technology.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to effectively communicate with a cross functional business/technology teams and articulate scenarios/failures
- 10+ years of experience and experience as functional lead with a proven track record of managing stakeholder expectation
- Building accounting models and comprehend data attributes to find gaps and brings operational efficiencies.
- Managed or closely worked with technical and non-technical team to liaison as a SME.
- Document detailed system requirements and prioritize task while providing active coaching and guidance to team.
- Own technical queries of team and liaison with business to find answers to bridge any gaps.
- Should be able to analyze SQL and required to work ETL to build test data condition to validate different lease attributes
- Knowledge of SSRS-SSIS, Power BI Dashboard with bent towards technology.
- Document requirement, maintain JIRA dashboard, update progress and track requirements to ensure development is as per expectation
- Support team all the test case execution and the associated results for SOX compliance.
- Experience writing scripts (SQL, Python, R etc.) to build financial models and compare the results with the output of the accounting tool.
- SQL/Oracle/Terada certification will be a plus and experience in status reporting, conducting daily status meeting to ensure tracking.
- Review requirements and specification documents and ensure the acceptance criteria are testable.
- Reviewing the use case requirements and preparing of test data
- Identify and report risk effectively and work towards mitigation strategy to avoid and issues and associated impact.