*** Very long term project; Long term - usually goes for 3+ years***Webcam interview; initial remote due to covid then onsite *** 37.5 hours per week *** Must pick up laptop at Harrisburg PA; must reside/relocate within drivable distance to Harrisburg PA for any occassional onsite meetings
The Conservation and Environment Delivery Center is looking for an experienced and motivated project manager/scrum master. The selected candidate will serve as scrum master for teams supporting the Department of Environmental Protection initiatives. The teams will focus on projects intended to convert content from FileNet to OnBase, enhance the Agencys Vector Management tool for more effective interaction with the West Nile Virus application and provide a new Dam Safety Inventory system.
As our delivery center is a hybrid project management environment, ideal candidates should have strong experience both running projects as a traditional project manager and serving as a scrum master on a scrum team. Knowledge and experience in additional agile frameworks are a plus. This position reports to the portfolio director for the delivery center.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining project control documents in accordance with enterprise project management methodologies and as needed by the project.
- Developing detailed project plans using project scheduling tools.
- Leading all project plan development activities, including identification of phases, sprints, activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, schedules and assignment of resources.
- Motivating project resources to complete assigned duties and tasks.
- Preparing formal reports on the status and health of the IT projects, including periodic status reports, management dashboards and project metrics.
- Monitoring project quality, schedule and budget and facilitate actions to mitigate risk and address issues that arise.
- Facilitating risk and issue management for IT projects by promoting transparency and communication for identified risks.
- Facilitating deliverable and project artifact approval processes for IT projects by tracking all deliverables and project artifacts that require approvals, communicating the need for approvals to the appropriate groups and individuals and tracking approval decisions and following up where need be to ensure approvals are achieved within established timeframes.
- Follow standard change management processes for issues that impact the quality, scope, schedule or budget of the project.
- Facilitating project meetings as needed, including scrum events such as daily stand ups, sprint planning meetings, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos/reviews.
- Ensuring the upkeep and accuracy of the project in the project portfolio management system (Daptiv) to include project status, health, and timekeeping data.
- Working closely with agency business relationship managers, executive staff, and delivery center management to ensure project success and provide project status.
- Using knowledge of agile practices and frameworks (particularly Scrum and Kanban) to support and serve the agile teams in the delivery center.
- Serving as scrum master for agile development teams.
- Influencing and leading organizational change that positively impacts our agile teams.
- Providing and delivering project reports, presentations, and statuses to all levels of management with the delivery center and our customer agencies.
- Ensuring compliance with SDLC policies and procedures.
- Directing, coordinating, and tracking the activities of delivery center staff associated with the project.
- 6+ years full-time experience as a project manager for large and complex information technology projects.
- 2+ years full-time experience serving as a scrum master on a scrum team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, including executive staff.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks.
- PMP and/or scrum master certification.
- 2+ years of experience in utilizing agile project management methodologies.